Dumfries and Galloway Council has revealed the Challenge Poverty Week programme for 2019.
The week runs from October 7-13 and is an opportunity to raise your voice against poverty and show what needs to be done to tackle poverty across Scotland.
The programme includes:
• An event in every Ward where community members can come along over a cup of tea and talk about what poverty means in their community and have a discussion around what Ward forums may look like
• Interactive workshops aimed at Elected Members and senior officers to challenge the misconceptions around inequality and income related poverty
• A training for trainers event on the money for life programme for young people
• Free screenings of ‘I Daniel Blake’ the film
• A challenge for people to live on £1 per day for all food and drink for five days (as part of a national campaign)
See below for the full programme.