Sacro has been awarded an Aspiring Communities Fund grant to implement a Young People Inclusion Project.
The project aims to provide guidance and support to vulnerable young people who are aged 16 to 25 and reside in the towns of Dumfries and Annan.
Examples of areas of support include:
- support in attending for appointments with other agencies and services.
- supporting and acting as an advocate for young people in dealing with other agencies and applying for services.
- attending court and leaving custody.
- identification and participation in a activities, pastimes or hobbies.
- access support services in your local area.
- access support to enhance life and social skills, e.g. financial budgeting, housekeeping, cooking.
- complete paperwork and make phone calls.
- reintegrate into the community.
- access education or training.
- find employment opportunities.
They are keen to get the project established as soon as possible so are keen to engage with and receive referrals from a range of agencies and services.
The YPIP Inclusion Workers are happy to meet with representatives of organisations and/or to attend meetings to provide an input about the project.
Young People Inclusion Project, c/o Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway, 54 Buccleuch Street, Dumfries DG1 2AH