Continuing Volunteers’ Week we profile Stan of Dumfries and Galloway Citizens Advice Service.
1. Name: Stan Sindov
2. Organisation volunteering with and role: DAGCAS, Dumfries Generalist Adviser
3. Length of time you have volunteered in this role: 4 years
4. What made you consider becoming a volunteer? I needed real world experience and wanted to help the local community while receiving it.
5. What motivates you to continue volunteering? I liked helping people, enjoyed working with my colleagues and knew that I am making a difference.
6. What impact has volunteering had on your life? It supercharged my CV with real world skills, increased my confidence and built my character in to something that employers are looking for.
7. What skills have you brought to your role and what skills have you learned? I came in as a green kid out of school and learned everything I know up to this day like problem solving, people skills, finance, admin and other real world skills that are needed to be successful in life.
8. What else should a volunteer bring to a role? Just bring a great attitude and the desire to help others.
9. What makes an organisation a great place to volunteer? People that you work with, great atmosphere and the feeling you get when making someone’s life better.
10. What would you say to someone who is sitting on the fence about becoming a volunteer? Don’t sit on the fence for too long your trousers might rip
To find out more about DAGCAS go here: www.dagcas.org
To share your volunteer profiles message our page or email firstname.lastname@example.org