Grants are available for registered charities and other not-for-profit organisations in Scotland undertaking projects to help poverty and social deprivation, particularly supporting children, young people and women.
Foundation Scotland delivers The Volant Charitable Trust Open Grants programme.
Foundation Scotland manages the entire application process for this grant-making programme and all enquiries should be made using the form below.
The Volant Trust’s aim is to support women, children and young people who are at risk and facing social deprivation.
The Volant Trust furthers its aim by supporting Scottish charities and projects, whether national or community-based, which help alleviate social deprivation, particularly supporting women, children and young people at risk. Projects must demonstrate a strong focus on supporting women and children affected by hardship or disadvantage and on tackling the issues they face in order to make a lasting difference to their lives and life chances.
Specific programme areas that the fund includes support for include :
Women: Victims of sexual abuse, rape, domestic violence and those working in the sex industry; care for young mothers and those affected by postnatal depression, isolated and lone parents; community support for black and minority ethic women and asylum seekers; support services for women prisoners and their families.
Children and young people
Counselling, support services and outreach projects for those who are disadvantaged or deemed to be at risk through neglect, emotional and physical abuse, alcohol or drug misuse.
Poverty and deprivation
Mental health projects for women and children; support for vulnerable families; promotion of healthy eating for families in areas of extreme deprivation.
The Volant Trust will not support:
- Projects which do not benefit people in Scotland
- General fundraising appeals or activities
- Contributions to major capital projects.
- Groups who will then distribute the funds as grants or bursaries
- The repayment of loans or payment of debts
- Retrospective funding i.e. costs already incurred/activities already taken place
- Trips abroad
- Purchase of second hand vehicles
- To receive a decision by April 2020 all enquiry forms must be submitted between 1st July and 31st October 2019.
- To receive a decision by October 2020 all enquiry forms must be submitted between 6th January and 30th April 2020.