First Thursday of the month
Would you like to know more about the services available at the Carers Centre?
Do you have new staff starting as part of your team who would benefit from this?
From February Dumfries and Galloway Carers Centre will hold one off Information and Awareness Sessions on the first Thursday of each month to give staff from other agencies the opportunity to find out about the services they provide.
There will be no more than 8 people booked into a session and the sessions are anticipated to be an hour long but flexible in case of any questions etc.
The aim of each session is to provide a summary of the organisation’s services.
- Brief background to the service
- Why Carers need support
- Adult and Young Adult Carers service – information, advice, support, advocacy, financial assistance, short breaks, health and wellbeing, groups, training, Adult Carers Support Plans
- Young Carers service – information, advice, support, advocacy, financial assistance, short breaks, health and wellbeing, groups, Young Carers Statements, support in education (drop in sessions)
- Staffing across the region
- Carers Emergency Cards / Young Carers Cards
- How to refer to the service
- Triage and Young Carers waiting list
|Thursday 7th February||Thursday 1st August|
|Thursday 7th March||Thursday 5th September|
|Thursday 4th April||Thursday 3rd October|
|Thursday 2nd May||Thursday 7th November|
|Thursday 6th June||Thursday 5th December|
|Thursday 4th July|
If you would like to book a place please contact the Carers Centre on 01387 248600 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org