Dumfries and Galloway Carers Centre will this year once again be holding monthly staff awareness sessions.
It will allow people – especially new staff at organisations – to find out more about the services available at the Carers Centre.
From February, they will hold one-off Information and Awareness Sessions on the first Thursday of each month to give staff from other agencies the opportunity to find out about the services they provide.
There will be no more than eight people booked into a session and the sessions are anticipated to be an hour long but flexible in case of any questions etc.
The aim of each session is to provide a summary of the organisation’s services.
- Brief background to the service
- Why Carers need support
- Adult and Young Adult Carers service – information, advice, support, advocacy, financial assistance, short breaks, health and wellbeing, groups, training, Adult Carers Support Plans
- Young Carers service – information, advice, support, advocacy, financial assistance, short breaks, health and wellbeing, groups, Young Carers Statements, support in education (drop in sessions)
- Staffing across the region
- Carers Emergency Cards / Young Carers Cards
- How to refer to the service
- Triage and Young Carers waiting list
The sessions are 10.30-11.30 am on the first Tuesday or Thursday of the month. The 2020 dates are: Tuesday February 4; Thursday March 5; Tuesday April 7; Thursday May 7; Tuesday June 2; Thursday July 2; Tuesday August 4; Thursday September 3; Tuesday October 6; Thursday November 5; Tuesday December 1.
If you would like to book a place, contact the Carers Centre on 01387 248600 or by emailing email@example.com