The ninth fabulous Dumfries & Galloway Science Festival free family fun day is on Saturday May 11 at the Easterbrook Hall in Dumfries.
Spring into Science runs from 11am to 4pm and features hands-on activities for all the family and all ages.
• Whose Poo – Do you know your rabbit poo from your deer? Take the challenge, learn about our local wildlife and scoop a prize, not a poop.
• Powering the Future – Glasgow Science Centre comes to town with this hands-on exhibition exploring the question – Is our energy affordable, secure and environmentally sustainable?
• Lego Robots – have fun playing and programming with Computer Xplorers.
• Launchpad – Design, build and launch cardboard rockets with the Institute of Physics.
• Explore jet propulsion by making simple balloon rockets and launching them with the RAISE team.
• D&G Bat Group – Get up close and personal with samples of bat species.
• Our Dynamic Earth – What lives in the deep waters around Scotland? Play with some underwater robots and get hands-on with watery experiments.
• MadLab – a unique, hands-on soldering electronics workshop for children and adults.
• The UV Drawing Room – enter and explore the wonderful world of UV light.
• Crawl inside the inflatable planetarium to explore the suns, stars and planets with the Galloway Forest Astronomy Society.
• Spring Makers Corner – Celebrate the wonderful wildlife on our doorstep with the Glasgow Science Festival.
• Kinetic Sand and Slimelab – Do you find kinetic sand hours of fun but a bit pricey? Learn make your own slime and then turn it into kinetic sand and save your money.
• Seedswap – got any seeds you don’t want? Bring them along, donate to the seed collection, and see if you can pick up what you are after.
• Science Cake eating, Science shows, Pop-up potting shed, Science face painting, Construction Corner and Spot the birdie.
Entry is free but all donations gratefully received for Massive Outpouring Of Love – D&G Refugee Action.
Contact Rebecca 07775601827 or Carolyn 07773797495 for more information or to offer to help as a STEM Ambassador.
Watch out for the Science Baking competition – Bake your cake and decorate with a science theme. Winners announced at the fair.
On Facebook at Dumfries & Galloway Science Festival or the event itself at www.facebook.com/events/342709439920554/
The event is sponsored The University of Glasgow, Scottish Government and The Holywood Trust.