Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival is the largest rural Performing Arts Festival in Scotland. It has been running a highly successful Festival each May since 1979.
In addition to the Festival, it now works with a network of local promoters, venues and community groups to provide high quality performances all year round, under the banner Dumfries & Galloway Arts Live.
Job Title: Youth Development Officer. Hours of work: Part-time (15 hours per week). 12 Month Fixed Term Contract in the first instance. Location: Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival Office, Gracefield Arts Centre, Dumfries. Responsible to: General Manager. Responsible for: Young Promoters Group. Salary: £21,840 (£9,360 pro rata)
They are seeking to recruit a pro-active individual for the new youth Development Officer role. The YP Development Officer role will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for the delivery of the Young Person’s Programme. They will also work closely with the Young Promoters Group (YPG) and other team members to deliver the Young Person’s vision outlined in the Business Plan.
The successful candidate is required to have the following key skills
- With the General Manager, develop and plan a programme of activity for Young people.
- Ensure we are engaging and consulting young people on programming choices for them.
- Ensure we are offering workshops and industry based shadowing opportunities.
- Manage the YPG.
- Compile annual and interim reports for YPG activity.
- Engage with young people and offer them a platform to perform on a year round basis.
- Ensuring maximum awareness off DGAF YPG activity and attendance at events.
- Be responsible for the YPG’s social media platforms
- Knowledge of the region and youth services
If you wish to be considered for the post and would like an information and application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 5pm on Wednesday December 11
Interviews will be held on Thursday January 9 in Dumfries, 2pm onwards.