Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Duration: 26 weeks
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4pm
Location: SHAX, Merrick House, The Crichton, Dumfries
Accountable to: The Social Enterprise Manager via the Sales & Warehouse Supervisor
Main working contacts: Other staff, our volunteers, customers and stakeholders
This post is funded by Community Jobs Scotland.
Applicants must be unemployed, between 16 to 29 years and fit at least one of the following categories:
- Care leaver or care experienced
- Be a carer
- Person with a criminal conviction (includes Community Payback Order)
- Family member effected by criminality
- Military early service leaver (having served up to 6 years)
- Person with a disability (includes moderate mental health issues or long-term health condition)
- Person currently participating on an Activity Agreement
- Homeless people (including temporary or unstable accommodation)
- Person affected by substance misuse (i.e. alcohol, drugs)
- Person with lower than SCQF level 5 qualification
- Work Programme completers who remain unemployed
- Refugee with immigration status allowing them to undertake employment
- From an ethnic minority group
- Stock control & storage
- Help with household collections and deliveries
- Repair & renovation of furniture
- Prepare emergency Starter Packs
- Organise recycling
- Cleaning & basic maintenance of the premises
- Customer service & merchandising
- Supporting the day to day running of SHAX
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people including staff, volunteers and the public
- Able to work accurately with attention to detail
- This job involves manual handling therefore the post holder must have a good level of fitness
This post is funded by Community Jobs Scotland and is time limited to 26 weeks.
A PVG check will be required for the successful applicant.
All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly Any training needs will be provided in house or by an accredited training provider
This job description is a guide to work required and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the grade for the post.
How to Apply
Please contact your JobCentre Plus Work Coach or Skills Development Scotland Advisor to complete a Community Jobs Scotland application and eligibility form.
Please return your completed forms to: Joyce Harkness, Social Enterprise Manager SHAX, Merrick House, The Crichton, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 4TA