Job Title: Business Support Manager with Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway
Line Manager: Chief Executive. Management of other staff: Administrative Support team.
Salary £22,368-£25,529 (based on EVOC senior administrator grades 2018/19).
Full time: Number of hours per week negotiable
Download an application form here: Business Support Manager Application
Overview of the role
The purpose of Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway is to improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged within Dumfries and Galloway. We do this by working with third sector partners and public sector agencies to identify areas and communities of greatest need, design responses and create an environment for innovation and growth.
The role of Business Support Manager is to oversee the administration of the organisation and manage the business support team. This team is responsible for the internal processes and procedures which underpin the day-to-day work of Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway. These include finances, HR, Health and Safety, governance and property. In addition, the Business Support Team will provide the administration for the communications strategy, roadshows and events, the MILO database and all monitoring and reporting requirements for funders. The Business Support Manager will advise the Chief Executive on all compliance matters relating to funding, Health and Safety and GDPR.
The Business Support Manager will have overall responsibility for the smooth working of this team. The team’s main responsibility is to enable the Engagement Team to deliver our core services in line with our communications strategy and action plan. Our core services are:
- Helping third sector organisations start, develop and grow
- Encouraging and involving volunteers
- Finding suitable funding
- Creating and delivering sustainable business plans
- Identifying the best way to manage people and money
- Connecting the sector with Community Planning and NHS Integration
- Working with the Chief Executive and Operations Manager to document and maintain internal business procedures
- Ensure business procedures are understood and implemented by Business Support Team, including volunteers undertaking administrative work
- Ensure timely draw-down of funding allocations to TSD&G
- Working with the Operations Manager, Communications Manager, collate monitoring and reporting documentation required by funders
- Oversee the financial procedures and provide financial reports to senior staff as required
- Oversee the administration of initial requests for TSD&G services
- Oversee the administration of roadshows and events
- Working with the Operations Manager and the Communications Manager to keep the MILO database accurate, complete and up to date
- Working with the chief executive, maintain the records required for compliance with funding, GDPR, employment, health and safety and any other relevant legislation
- Take action to implement TSD&G’s responsibilities as a landlord and as a tenant
- Monitor the tenancy agreements with TSD&G tenants and respond to complaints and queries
- Working with the chief executive, deal with all matters relating to property facilities
- Working with the chief executive, ensure all TSD&G activities are consistent with the constitution
- Provide administrative support to the TSD&G board as required
- Using lessons learned , contribute to the continuous improvement of TSF&G activities
Keep abreast of relevant legislation as it affects TSD&G.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practice in HR, GDPR, governance and employment
Maintain up to date IT skills
Support a culture where improvements can be made as a result of lessons identified, captured, assessed and implemented.
Adhere to the organisation’s policies and procedure.
Work within agreed budgets and timescales.
Carry out other duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
The post is responsible for the delivery of business support. From time to time the Business Support Manager will be required to represent TSD&G in meetings and forums with stakeholders, including:
- Key partners and prospective partners
- DGC and Scottish Government staff
- NHS and Health and Social Care Partnership staff at locality level
Please return the signed completed application form by 5pm Friday December 6 to:
Norma Austin Hart, Chief Executive Officer, Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway, 54 Buccleuch Street, Dumfries, DG1 2AH
or email your completed application form to: email@example.com
If you would like a hard copy of the application form, please call 0300 303 8558 or contact the email above.
Interviews will be on Monday December 16 and shortlisted applicants will be advised as soon as possible after the closing date.