OPPORTUNITY- Looking for PT Assistant Producer based near Newton Stewart.
Looking for someone who has an enthusiasm for theatre, new writing and music.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the Producer with all aspects of producing new theatre
- To support the producer in marketing the tour, creating newsletters, adding to our database, overprinting leaflets & posters & assisting with social media.
- To assist with targeting & finding new audiences across the UK.
- To liaise & co-ordinate with cast, technical staff, PR, venues & manage the office when the producer is in rehearsal.
- To assist with tour booking.
- To assist with grant writing or funding applications.
- To assist with the administration – drafting production schedules & contracts; creating contact sheets, filing systems.
- To ensure, under the guidance of the Producer, that all production budgets are kept up to date and accurate, collating invoices and assisting on the day-to-day management of the production budget
- To manage the scheduling and minute all producing and production meetings
- To act always in the best interest of ‘Townsend Theatre Productions’
- To be welcoming and provide excellent customer care.
- Actively develop and implement green policies and practices where possible
- Interest in and knowledge of new writing theatre and music
- To have excellent organisational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with emerging artists.
- Experience or want to learn about producing theatre.
- To have the ability to work within a very small team.
- Interest in working alongside artists and theatre makers to develop high quality work.
- To be computer literate and have good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Good time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple priorities successfully.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with audiences in a friendly manner.
- Commitment to achieving high standards.
Desirable Or Willing to Learn
- Experience of working in a professional producing theatre setting (this may include volunteering).
- Experience of communicating with artists and artists’ agents.
- Experience of contracting.
- An understanding of TMA /ITC and equity contracts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary in line with ITC & Equity Rates of pay
Please send you CV & covering letter to
Louise Townsend firstname.lastname@example.org
More info. Phone 079496335910
Closing date 31st October 2019
Meetings early November.