The Children’s Services Learning and Development Group are providing whole day training sessions on Neglect and an introduction to tools in 2019.
The aims of this course are:
- To explore the Graded Care Profile as a tool for intervention and assessment and onward referral, where indicated
- To provide participants with the opportunity to measure, assess and target areas of neglect to support the families they are working with
The Learning Outcomes for participants are as follows:
- Ability to identify concerns about parenting capacity that may contribute to neglect
- Ability to identify concerns about family and environmental factors that contribute to neglect
- Use the graded care as a tool for assessment and intervention in relation to families where there are concerns around children’s development and wellbeing
- Ability to engage collaboratively with parents/carers in responding to situations where neglect is identified
- Ability to develop action plans to work more effectively on a multi-agency basis with families where there are issues of neglect.
This training is aimed initially at those undertaking the role of Named Person, Lead Professional or child protection co-ordinator/officer. However, it is relevant for the following staff:
- Health – Midwives, Health Visitors, Child Protection Advisors
- Education – Child Protection Co-ordinators, Named Person
- Social Work – Senior Social Workers, Social Workers within Children & Families. It may also be beneficial for Social Work Assistants and Family Support workers in Children & Families.
- Police – Public Protection Unit Staff and Uniform Supervisors.
The sessions are:
Thursday 21 March 2019 – 9.30am to 4.30pm: Rooms GP1&2, Ryan Centre, Fairhurst Road, Stranraer
Thursday 6 June 2019 – 9.30am to 4.30pm: Lecture Theatre, Cargen Towers, Garroch Business Park, Dumfries
Tuesday 8 October 2019 – 9.30am to 4.30pm: Elm Room, Lockerbie Town Hall, High Street, Lockerbie
To apply click to download the FORM (click here).