Increased access 2 psychological support (ia2ps) are holding a 6-Week ‘Finding Peace in a Frantic World’ Course. This course is based on the traditional eight-week Mindfulness course programmes and is a great introduction to Mindfulness.
This course is scheduled to start on Monday August 17.
The course consists of six 1.5-hour sessions and includes 20 minutes of home practice per day between sessions. Through guided meditations, group dialogue, individually tailored instructions and home assignments, you will learn the essential principles of mindfulness and techniques to build your personal home practice and access the wide-ranging benefits well beyond the course.
The key learning points include:
- A variety of formal and informal mindfulness meditation practices, which involve using the breath and body as a focus for being aware of our experience in the present moment;
- Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our moods, so that we are better able to pause in challenging situations and manage our responses more effectively.
- Recognising the patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress; and how we can relate to ourselves with a more accepting and kind stance.
- Learning to have more mindful communication, connections and relationships.
- Developing practical self-care tools to help us thrive, perform at our best, and build resilience.
The structure of the course and home practice will follow the outline of the bestselling book: “Mindfulness: a guide to finding peace in a frantic world”, co-authored by Mark Williams, who is the leading mindfulness researcher in the UK and co-founder of the MBCT programme.
For more information email email@example.com or telephone 01556610260