Finance Manager Moat Brae
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 Pro Rata (25hrs per week (over 5 days))
Moat Brae, the National Centre for Children’s Literature & Storytelling based in Dumfries, is seeking a dedicated and meticulous Finance Manager to manage all financial processes and procedures for Moat Brae which incorporates both charitable funding and a commercial trading company with a joint staff complement of 28.
Key duties include the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes, preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts, the analysis of variances to budgets, statutory financial reporting, managing the annual budgetary process, preparing cashflows and forecasts.
The successful applicant will be part of the senior management team and the role will cover all aspects of the accounting functions for this busy centre which includes the main visitor attraction, retail shop and café as well as educational and community activities.
This position would suit someone who is looking to take their financial management career to the next level but requires the flexibility that comes with part time hours.
The ideal candidate should:
· be a Qualified or part-Qualified Accountant
· have a minimum of three years’ experience in all aspects of working in a finance department
· have excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and experience of using Sage 50 (or similar)
· have experience in all aspects of financial and management reporting
· have in-depth knowledge of VAT including Partial Exemption and Capital Good Scheme rules
· be able to prepare to cash flow statements
The position is permanent, the salary range quoted is dependent on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
For a full job description and person specification Please click here to download Finance Manager Job Description
An immediate start is available.
If you’d like to apply for the position, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you’d be suited to the position to: Jacqueline Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications close on Friday August 30 at 5pm.