Children in Scotland and YouthLink Scotland hold the joint secretariat for the Cross-Party Group on Children and Young People.
At its June AGM, the group agreed to trial having a group of children and young people to act as young co-convenors role.
They are currently carrying out targeted recruitment for this position to ensure a balanced and representative group of young co-convenors and seek applications from children and young people aged eight to 25.
The role will entail:
· Attendance at least one and up to five CPG meetings across the year
· Co-chairing one meeting a year with one of our MSP co-convenors
· Helping to choose meeting topics based on suggestions from members of the CPG and the secretariat
· Signing off on papers prepared for the CPG by the secretariat.
At the moment, they would require the young co-convenors to be working with an organisation with the capacity to provide them with support in advance of all meetings.
The secretariat will provide a briefing to all young co-convenors in advance of each meeting to support this preparation. They will also be able to talk through what chairing the meeting will involve and discuss any concerns.
The secretariat will also provide guidance for all adults attending meetings to ensure that presentations and contributions are accessible for children and young people.
Any children and young people interested in being involved should submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the consent form, please also copy in the member of staff who will be supporting you.
– their name
– date of birth
– where they live (local authority only)
Please also provide answers to the following three questions;
· Why do you want to be involved?
· What makes you you?
· Tell us about an issue that you think is important for children and young people and why?
An information sheet is available to download here: Information-Sheet-CPG-Final.docx
The consent form is available here: Consent-form-CPG.docx