Job Title: Shop Supervisor. Post Duration: Six Months (subject to extension).
Location: Community Reuse Clothing Shop. Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Responsible To: Shop Manager. Reporting To: Shop Manager & Project Manager
Responsible For: All volunteers within the shop.
Job Purpose: To ensure the shop provides a high standard of service to customers and staff whilst ensuring the company meets with regulations and legislation prescribed to it. To deliver and develop the company’s business plan and vision.
1. To efficiently and effectively supervise the shop floor layout, to maximise potential sales in reusable products.
2. To recruit and support volunteers and trainees and establish their role within the shop.
3. To undertake regular supervision and annual appraisals of all contracted volunteers to identify with their personal development and training needs to enable them to participate in the service delivery to the community.
4. To access and/or deliver suitable training to volunteers and trainees to ensure that standards of service are maintained.
5. To implement the company business plan in accordance with the company development strategy as directed by the board of directors.
6. To assist the Board to design and implement company policies and procedures and ensure operational adherence.
7. To assist with the preparation of informative written and statistical evaluative reports for the Board of Directors at their meetings pertaining to the effectiveness of the shop.
8. To facilitate an annual evaluation of the shop and assist to report the findings to the Board of Directors.
9. Daily cash handling, banking and budget monitoring.
10. To work with the manager to prepare the Annual Report.
11. To maintain confidentiality within the work place
The nature and size of the Furniture Project means that all workers must recognise the need for a flexible response to the work. Priority should be given to the work outlined in the above job description. An active commitment to the social business aspect and the importance of staff meetings and training are three points that should help ensure that the job description is workable.
The full job description is available here: Shop-Supervisor-Job-Description-191119.pdf
The application form, which should be emailed to email@example.com, is available here: Community-Reuse-Shop-Application-form.pdf