An analytical report for the consultation on children services planning guidance, including areas of importance for the third sector, has now been released.
The consultation attracted a strong response from a broad mix of different stakeholders as well as a small number of individuals.
Emerging concerns for the third sector respondents were:
- local authorities and health boards should be encouraged to have third sector representatives as active and equal members of planning groups
- better signposting to local Third Sector Interfaces and more consideration of how TSIs can be supported and funded to work with planning groups
- more clearly defining the role of the third sector on planning groups and stressing the added value that their involvement can bring
- making better use/learning from Third Sector skills and experience in community engagement
- uncertainty with third sector budget commitments can make some partnership relationships unstable
You can read more at: www.gov.scot/children-young-people-scotland-act-2014-consultation-analysis