There has been much excitement around the Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway offices in the last week or two, apart for our World Cup sweepstake and the VOSCARS that is. The TSD&G board has given us the thumbs up for moving ahead with our new vision, mission and business model.
Our new vision is:
To improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and communities in Dumfries and Galloway.
Our new mission is:
We will work with third sector and public sector stakeholders to:
- identify where service changes have had the biggest impact
- design responses to need
- create the environment for innovation
- maximise community empowerment
Our new business model is based on four levels of engagement:
- a comprehensive communications strategy
- a rolling programme of roadshows led by local third sector hubs
- developing key partner relationships within the sector
- facilitating strategic collaborations
To make all this happen the board has also agreed in principle to a restructuring within TSD&G. We are currently working on this with a consultation process underway. We hope it will be completed in the near future but it is important that there is enough time for discussion and sound decision-making.
In the meantime, we will keep you posted. And we hope to be relocated into our new premises soon! Fingers crossed, my next bulletin will give you our new address and an invitation to some and visit us.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
with best wishes
Norma Austin Hart
Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway
tel 07713 643430