Service Coordinator (Full Time – 37 Hours) – Stewartry and Newton Stewart: Salary £26,766 – £29,159
Main duties and responsibilities – Support to people who use services too:
- ensure the provision of support and assistance in accordance with their support plans and the service aims.
- work in line with and promoting the SSSC Codes of Practice and the relevant Care Standards.
- be responsible for both directly undertaking initial and on-going assessments of people we support and of overseeing team members to do so.
- manage staff to advise people we support in accordance with the service aims.
- deliver or oversee key work for a person or people who have complex or multiple needs.
- maintain professional confidentiality and boundaries at all times both with people being supported and and with the team.
- support and assist people who we support in crisis situations, and/or manage a physical risk or behaviour likely to cause incidents, in accordance with the support plan or service protocol.
- travel within the service area you are contracted for and supporting the travel and transportation of people who we support in accordance with their support plan (mobility, own car, service vehicles, public transport etc).
- have an good understanding of the causes and effects of social exclusion as is relevant to the service and area in which you work.
- promote peer work and the value of lived experience through providing support to peer support workers, TPS connects and volunteers.
For more click HERE.
Snook, the Scottish Government and the Open Government Partnership are inviting people to participate in the Accountability of Public Services Workshop in Dumfries. It is a free and public event, a workshop where you can share your opinions and experiences … read more
National charity Families Outside have agreed to deliver two training/awareness raising sessions of Out of the Shadows in Stranraer and Dumfries. It is the only national charity in Scotland that works solely on behalf of families affected by imprisonment. The … read more
The Sport Facilities Fund supports capital projects that create or improve places where people take part in sport and physical activity. Sportscotland want to support projects that provide opportunities for people to get involved in and participate in sport and … read more
The Youth Scotland Rural Action Fund is returning for the second year. Supported by The Robertson Trust and The Gannochy Trust, this fund aims to enhance and develop community-based youth work in Scotland’s rural communities. In its first year, the highly successful … read more
Will your application support children up to the age of 16 who are still in full time education/training or who have additional needs? Will your project deliver services in one of the following local authority areas; Dumfries and Galloway? Does … read more
Reach will make positive and lasting change in communities across Scotland. Charities with an income of £1m or less can apply for £1000-£20,000 over one year to support people through varying stages of their lives. Charities who were unsuccessful in … read more
Grants to support the cost of conservation-standard repair projects for buildings, places of worship or ancient monuments which are of special architectural, historic or archaeological interest. Under the Historic Environment Repair Grant programme, they normally offer grants from £10,000 – … read more
Sexual Health (Bite size) taster sessions These two-hour sessions are aimed at those in the statutory and voluntary sectors who are interested and would like to receive an introductory insight into the issues and concepts around sexual health and services … read more
Are you passionately interested in Scottish history and archaeology? Would you like to contribute to a high-profile heritage-led regeneration project in South West Scotland Whithorn is one of the most important Early Medieval sites in the country, with evidence of … read more